Friday, December 6, 2013

Lit. Analysis Extra Credit / Persepolis

1) In the graphic novel Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, Marjane tells her story of when she was a little girl that grew up in the country of Iran. She wanted to become a prophet, she talked to god each night and she wanted to be justice, love and the wrath of god all in one. It goes back to the Islamic revolution when people would go out and protest and also with the shah which killed a lot of people during that time but when the shah was over throw things got happy for a moment. Their was also all this war with Iraq and Iran and the problem with the veil which many women refuse to wear it. Then Marjane leaves  from her parents and Iran and goes to Austria, Vienna to continue with her education at a young age without no one to guide her the right path. Their she started a new life, she meets new people, friends, boyfriends and new things. Then she goes back to Iran after four year and she sees how things had change a lot her friends then he marries this guy named Reza and then she gets divorce. Moves to France to keep studying and now their she lives.

2) Theme in the novel well it's has almost everything: sadness, war, death, to be your self.

3) I didn't choose this book as a class we had to read it. But I liked it a lot it was a new way of reading a book that had pictures I enjoyed the book.

4) Yes I did find this book realistic in the way she felt when she had to leave  her country and her parents.

5) The author's has different tones because she changes her feeling throughout the book.

6) " ring, ring "(119,7). Foreshadowing "Good lord again!"(119,9). "Ring...ring"(89,2).foreshadowing "Niloufar communist was spotted"(125,1). The veil is a symbol for oppression and loss of rights for women(3,1). Foreshadowing" no! I want to take a really long bath"(25,7).

Characterization:
1) Direct : "I want to be a prophet"(6,5). "I felt guilty towards god"(9,4).
Indirect: "I wanted to be justice, love, and the wrath of god all in one"(9,6).

2) Yes when she changes her feeling.

3) Dynamic because she changes from beening a kid to an adult as her life goes on.

4) Yes it's was like she was talking to me about her life instead of me reding the book to my self.

Enduring Memory:

I am going to remember her book because it made me think diferent of the country of Iran and it also showed me that Iranian person are not evil. Also it showed me the important thing that happen in Iran  like the wars and that kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment