Thursday, December 5, 2013

Literature Analysis # 2

1) In the book The Sea Of Monsters by Rick Riordan is base on this boy named Percy Jackson that on his seventh grade year he hasn't seen a monster but on his last day of school bad things happen. A monster comes and attacks his school, his friend Annabeth brings him bad news about the camp. The magical borders that protect camp half-blood that come from a tree has been poisoned by some enemy. Their is only one cure that can stop the poisoning, so Percy, Annabeth and Tyson go on a journey to the sea of monsters to find the cure for the tree and also to rescue his friend Grover the goat who is trapped with a cyclops.

2) The theme is that you will risk anything to save a friend.

3) I choose this book because I wanted to continue with the series and also at the end of  book 1 it got interesting and I continue with book 2.

4) I did make connections to my life in the way it talk about friendship, by not just caring about yourself but also about other.

5) The author's tone would be again friendship in the way Percy did not leave his friends behind.

6) Their is lots of foreshadowing in the first chapters: " I sat bolt upright in my bed there was no storm, no monster"(3). "The shadow at the window disappeared"(3). " for the first time in my life I'd almost made it an entire year without getting expelled"(4). "No weird accidents, no fights in the classroom, no teachers turning into monsters and trying to kill me"(4). "Only one more day to go surely even I couldn't mess that up"(4). "He thinks it might not be safe for you to come to camp just yet"(6). "Argggh!"(184). "Reet,reet"(178)

Characterization:

1) direct: "Annabeth murmured", "Annabeth backed up, and Circe laughed!" The author uses these so we can see the their actions.
indirect: " the dreamy look melted off Annabeth's face", " she scanned the room and spotted the cuff of my jeans sticking out from under the loom."

2) it does not really change.

3) Dynamic and round : because he change in the way he was thinking about Tyson.

Enduring Memory:
One thing that I would remember of the book for a long time is that always help the ones that the love you or care about you the most. And they will demonstrate it back at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment